Need help with travel for abortion care?
If you're traveling within, to, or from the Northwest or Hawaii for abortion care, and need assistance with lodging and/or transportation, NWAAF's travel support program may be able to help. To learn more, contact NWAAF at 866-NWAAF10 and choose option 3 from the menu.
Leave a message with your name, phone number, appointment date, and any other relevant information. We will return your call within 24 hours and work closely with you, the clinic, and our homestay/transportation volunteers to develop an itinerary that meets your needs.
Become a practical support volunteer
The logistics around first and second-trimester abortion care are difficult for many of our clients. For example:
- People now travel from states like California, Hawaii, Idaho, and Alaska to the Seattle area to obtain an abortion. These trips are expensive, and many of our clients are unable to afford hotel rooms and cabs once they arrive in Seattle.
- The entire state of Idaho only has four abortion clinics. Some pregnant people must travel 2-5 hours for an appointment.
- Most providers require a known driver to pick-up a person who has received sedation during their appointment.
Do you want to help us remove logistical barriers to abortion?
Our practical support volunteers:
- Live in Anchorage, Spokane, Yakima, Boise, Seattle, or Portland
- Provide rides to and from abortion appointments
- Generously open up their homes, providing a comfortable and safe place to rest between appointments
- Offer compassionate, nonjudgmental support
- Are strong active listeners
- Attend a 2-hour introductory training, as well as yearly booster trainings